We recognise that pupils can experience many barriers to their learning and that these barriers can be long term or of a more short term nature. We believe that it is vital that these barriers are identified and addressed in order for pupils to achieve their maximum potential. Analysis has shown that typical barriers include:
Pupil Premium Leader
For more information on the research behind the selection of our provision for disadvantaged children, click the link above.
In order to combat these barriers to learning - our school spends Pupil Premium funding to:
- Improve the oral language skills of children in Preschool and Nursery.
- Support children to deal with issues which may affect their ability to work to their fullest potential.
- Expose children to real life experiences and supported in their vocabulary building around these experiences.
- Improve children’s ability to decode words (particularly in Reception and Year 1).
- Engage parents more with their children’s learning, increasing aspirations.
- Supporting families at home and therefore more able to engage with their child.